|Working With Others
To work with others in ways that elevate the success of all by understanding the ideas and information others are sharing and expressing your own ideas in ways that keep group members connected and moving toward their common goal.
Knowledge and Skills Objectives
- Discover the importance of good communication skills
- Be able to explain what getting another's view is, why it is important, and how it is achieved
- Demonstrate how to represent another's view
- Be able to explain what clarifying is, when it is used, and how it is accomplished
- Demonstrate clarifying to get another's view
- Be able to explain what confirming is, when it is used, and how it is accomplished
- Demonstrate confirming another's view
- Demonstrate getting another's view while defining a problem and analyzing the reasons why it occurs
- Be able to explain what giving your view is, why it is important, and how it is achieved
- Be able to explain what constructive criticism is, why it is important, and when it is used
- Demonstrate sharing a concern using constructive criticism
- Be able to explain what hitchhiking is, why it is important, and when it is used
- Demonstrate adding value to another person's idea using hitchhiking
- Demonstrate using the getting and giving skills in working with others to solve a problem
- Opening Training - prepares participants to work together in the training and prepares the instructor to ensure that the learners' expectations are met.
- Module 1: Overview - provides participants with an understanding of what the course teaches, why, and how it accomplishes its objective.
- Module 2: Getting Another's View - enables participants to understand another person's view by using clarifying and confirming skills.
- Module 3: Getting Skills Exercise - provides practice in using getting skills while defining a problem and analyzing the reasons why it occurs.
- Module 4: Giving Your View - enables participants to share a concern and add value to another's idea while sustaining a collaborative relationship.
- Module 5: Getting and Giving Skills Exercise - provides practice in using getting and giving skills while generating solutions and a plan for eliminating the source of a problem.
- Closing Training - concludes the training, explores how learners can strengthen their skills after training, and evaluates the course.
- Working With Others Participant Coursebook - introduces the course,
explains the skills being taught, communicates the importance of each skill,
allows the participants to practice the skills, and stimulates their thinking
about how the skills may be applied in the real world.
- Course visuals and handouts - reinforce instructional points and
support the practice and application of the skills being taught.
- Working With Others Card - provides a pocket-size reminder for
recalling when and how to use each course skill.
Transfer to Real-World Performance
The Working With Others Card, a pocket-size reminder for recalling when and
how to use each course skill, supports the application of the skills outside
Vital Enterprises offers online support for participants in our courses to
assist them in using the skills they learn to produce business benefits. You
may access this assistance by clicking on the "Share/Learn"
link and selecting "Ask an Expert." This service allows you to post questions
you may have about using the skills you learned, get responses to your questions,
and benefit from the questions and answers previously shared by others.
We Train at Your Site
All our courses are offered at your site. This allows us to tailor our content
to your specific needs. If you have a group of people interested in taking this
course, contact us at Courses.Tell
- Who you are,
- How we may contact you,
- Which training you seek,
- For whom you are seeking the training,
- When and where, and
- What you hope it will accomplish.
We will respond to you by e-mail or phone, as you prefer.